conversion question +

Fred Miranda fcmtb at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 11 17:08:38 GMT 1997

Hi Michael,
I've come up with different figures than you for the conversion.
All I have for specific gravity is for race fuels, two brands, this is
interesting.
               F&L                     76
100 UL .72                        .777
108L      .72
110L       .722                     .728
114L                                    .728
115L       .75
118L                                    .704

The trends are opposite. What's with that?
Looks like changing brands would require tuning changes also.

I did come across a post somewhere stating that in Au. 91oct was .73-74
and that 96oct was .76

Next for the conversion.
You had a figure of "4546cm^3/gal"
My calculator converts to 3785.4cc/gal

With my figures of spec grav ranging from .704 to .777
I get a range of 5.875 to 6.48 #/gal