le jetronic fault codes?

nico badenhorst gsi16v at smartnet.co.za
Sun Jul 13 12:58:06 GMT 1997

Hi Richard,

i know the motronic ml4.1 system, as fitted to (in my case) the 2L gsi opel
kadett ( 8v)
i think its called a vauxhall astra ? in the uk ? ,anyway i know this
system returns the
error codes via the engine warning light on the dashboard if certain pins
in the diagnostic
plug are shorted out..

so my other car is a opel monza 1.6L gsi ( again i think its called a
belmont in uk?)
the efi seems to be very similar to the L jetronic sytem ? ,but it does
seem to have
a micro proccesor since it returns error codes in the same way as the ml4.1
system
its been my understanding that this system on the 1.6l is the le or maybe
l3 jetronic,
have i maybe got the wrong name acociated with this aplication?
any more info?

thanx a lot ,
nico