700R4 ratios

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 15 20:12:34 GMT 1997

>>21MPG in a 5,700lb suburban?!  I have a Tahoe and a Suburban
>>5.7 tbi and see 15MPG highway with the Tahoe!  11 MPG is typical
>>around town and that's driving very nicely.  Not even the factory
>>thinks they get 15MPG city/ 24 MPG highway.
>
>Maybe that gent is carrying around a full cargo of helium balloons, thus
>making his vehicle lighter :)
>
>It depends on driving style, load, hills, etc.  I get 29.5 MPG regularly
>with my '93 Continental, as long as I don't speed over 65 too much, and
>don't stomp it too hard.  Locally, I hit 'bout 12-13 MPG.

yeah, but a '93 Continental doesn't weigh 5600 pounds dry,
like my '95 'burban with TBI and it probably doesn't have
a 350 CID engine.  I'm running 16" tires and 3.73 rear end.
It's 4WD also.  I record every drop of petrol that goes into
it and after 40,000 miles, many on good highway runs, I'd
love to know how to get 15 mpg

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>