700R4 ratios

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Tue Jul 15 23:43:25 GMT 1997

>yeah, but a '93 Continental doesn't weigh 5600 pounds dry,
>like my '95 'burban with TBI and it probably doesn't have

This is true, I'll have to look up the weight, however I believe its in the
4000lb range.  Not a lot of plastic :)

>a 350 CID engine.  I'm running 16" tires and 3.73 rear end.
>It's 4WD also.  I record every drop of petrol that goes into

I do as well... sudden fuel mileage drop is a good indicator that something
is wrong or about to be wrong.

>it and after 40,000 miles, many on good highway runs, I'd
>love to know how to get 15 mpg

I had a F-250 crewcab with a 460, with 48"x18" tires, and definately was in
the single digits ALL the time.  Even when it was flatbedded somewhere :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html