fuel inj parts from MSD

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Jul 16 02:50:56 GMT 1997

-> The most useful tool I saw was a modified drill bit that could cut
-> the pocket hole for an injector with the correct shape and dimensions
-> in one shot.

 Yes.  They want $166 for that drill bit.

 When I converted a carb manifold a few months ago I was astonished to
find that

a) a straight hole will work just fine
b) OEM/aftermarket hole sizes wander all over the place

 A straight piece of tubing somewhere around 9/16 ID will do the job.

 Various places want $5 to $8 for pre-made bungs you can weld directly
to the manifold, with the stepped hole already drilled.