Fuel pressure guage isolator

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 16 16:28:33 GMT 1997

>What I am in need of is a device I can plumb into the
>fuel rail, and hook a standard oil or air pressure
>guage to the other side, so that fuel can never
>get into to cabin, even if the feeder hose is cut.
>
>Has anybody made one of these, and if so, how?
>
>Alternatively, would your average electric oil pressure
>sender unit survive the nasties of high octane unleaded?

look in the Summit or Jegs catalog -- they sell isolators.

also check out the pressure transducers in the Digi-Key
catalog (p. 454 in May-June).  The Measurement Specialties
SS xducer costs ~ $85 and will work, but you're going to
have to have some electronics (i.e. op-amp signal
conditioning) to make it work

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>