Engine Control IC'S

mcosta at netsynergy.com mcosta at netsynergy.com
Wed Jul 16 17:15:54 GMT 1997

     richard,

please ,please give me the number of the factory contact I need some of these
IC's.

Subject: Re: Engine Control IC'S
Author:  diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu at INTERNET
Date:    7/16/97 12:55 PM

At 10:08 16/07/97 EST, you wrote:

>     Does anyone know of manufactures of IC's like electromotive's HREIC or
>     the IC that the DIY_EFI page has the 55 page postscript spec sheet on
>     i.e Silicon systems 67f687 engine interface peripheral.  Neither of
>     these products is available. Electromotive will not sell their IC, and
>     the one from silicon systems is actually made by tdk and is no longer
>     produced.  If anyone has info on where I can find either on of these
>     IC's or something similar to them, I would greatly appreciate the
>     help.
>
>     Thanks In Advance
>
>     MIKE COSTA

Mike,
I have used the 67f687 in my project, I started it at the time this chip was
released (actually have engineering sample silicon!) and tried recently to
bottom out the availability (or lack of) rumours. Long story, spoke to UK
represenative for SSI/TDK and SSI factory, bottom line - now finished
production. BUT.... I have it from the horses mouth that there is still die
stock at the factory in the US. If someone is enterprising or brave? enough
to commit to ordering a reasonable number (a few hundred I guess) I get the
impression that these brill devices are technically still available but I
couldn't get any idea of cost. If anyone fancies a go, I can supply a
contact at the factory. This is the situation as of last week.
GOOD LUCK!
Richard