Programming language

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Thu Jul 17 18:19:34 GMT 1997

I know this one is going to draw a lot of flack;  but, for years, I
have used PowerBASIC (the old TurboBASIC before it was sold back to
the originator).  It is extremely powerful, has a built in assembler,
and has some pretty good second and third party support.  I have
written applications to include communications interfaces,
communications programs, database programs, marketing and sales, and
accounting software.  You are limited only by your own programming
capabilities.  My programs are highly structured (by preference...you
can write stringy code if that is your desire).  It handles object
files written in other languages, including Paschal and C/C++.

If you desire, you can use the old PCBASIC commands or learn all the
commands included in the package for more advanced programming and
structures.  Write your own subs, functions, and libraries.  You ARE
NOT subject to the frustrations of the VERY regimented structure of
the other high level languages;  but, much of that structure is
available should you desire it.

I would say one should at least take a look at the modern BASICs
before making any snide remarks about BASIC in general or BASIC
programmers in specific.