an eec plan

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Jul 18 20:06:56 GMT 1997

> <sorry if the vagueness - I want provide info without violating any NDA's>
>
> What about replacing the 8061 and proprietary EPROM with a 68332 and flash?
> We can eliminate all of the uncertainty of the 8061, and are only left with
> reverse engineering the analog stuff (and writing EFI code, of course).
> This might be a more reasonable course of action, and avoid all the nasty
> copyright issues.
>
> I have heard of this being done to as least one EEC (please don't bug me
> for details ... I can't provide them).

Allow me to reword what you said.  Somebody took an Original Equipment
Manufacturer (GM or Ford) fuel injector computer, yanked out the
processor, reverse engineered the analog circuits, put in another
processor and some form of eprom or eeprom chip with the program and
injector map?

If so, cool.

Joe ("You go first") Boucher
'70 Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban