EFI for Motorcycle Application

Stephen Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Jul 23 01:28:44 GMT 1997

>Does anyone in this group have information or can someone point me to
>information on EFI for motorcycles.  I some 79 XS1100 Yamaha Specials
>and would be interested in installing EFI if possible.
>Thanks, Mike C, in Columbus, OH.

Similarly, I'd like to fit EFI to my '81 GSX1100.  Probably the 'easiest'
option is to adapt the hardware (TB, TPS, etc.) from an early  80's GPz1100
Kawasaki, but substitute something like David Doddek's KISS controller
system for the stock Kwaka ECU which were renowned for being problematic
anyway (well, here in Oz at least).  Being engines of similar capacity and
output, injector capacity, TB size, etc. should all be in the 'ballpark' -
and the same goes for your XS1100.

Stephen Lamb
Dept. of Defence DSTO, AMRL
506 Lorimer Street