Generic PID controller

Andrew Rabbitt AERabbitt at rce.ricardo.com
Thu Jun 5 16:40:02 GMT 1997

Howdy Guys,

can anyone out there help me source the following Gizmo?

I need a generic PID controller which is required to control fuel rail
pressure via a PWM modulated pressure regulator (about 2-3A at 100%).
The input is a 0-5V ratiometric pressure sensor.  It is mobile therefore
needs to be powered by the standard 12V auto electrical system.  The
main requirements (apart from the above) are:

	- I don't want to develop hardware or software, just wire it and
tune the 	PID constants
	- similar in size and power consumption to an ECU
	- low(ish) cost
	- off the shelf
	- prefer digital, analogue at a pinch.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?  TIA

Andrew Rabbitt

PS:  I hope this makes sense, this 'spec' was written off the top of my
head in about 1 min!