Nissan 300 ZX

Frank Swygert FARNA at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 6 01:01:44 GMT 1997

Roy wrote:

> Hi There to all
>
> I am working with my Nissan 300ZX and want to remap some of the fuel and
> ignition settings having raised the boost pressure and fitted a larger
> intercooler.
>
> The module is a JECS unit that has two processors, both are 68 pin
> devices one marked with " HD63C03YCP" the other " HD63140CP". The Rom I
> have replaced with a 256 Eprom so as I can Access the code.
>
> Does anybody have any idea who manufactures these processors and any
> software that can help with the remapping.
>
>         Thanks Roy.

The 63xxx processors are Hitachi manufactured clones of Motorola 68xxx
parts. Hitachi is the source for most Motorola CMOS parts. The HD63
means it is an Hitachi manufactured MC68 equivalent. Programming and
pinout should be the same as the Motorola MC6803 and 68140. The "C" at
the end means it is a CMOS part (static sensitive!). The P stands for
"Plastic" packaging. The C in the middle of the 63C03 means it is a 3MHz
part (6803 is 1MHz, 68A03 1.5MHz, 68B03 2MHz, and the C 3MHz). After the
little stir when Hitachi "improved" the 6809 (6309 is exact compatible,
but also has some extra registers and other goodies built in,
unauthorized by Motorola! Hitachi didn't change the dies, but was
"gagged" by Motorola and couldn't publish anything about the extra
features. But the info eventually was "leaked" in Japan and later found
its way here. I'm a 6809 machine user, and have an opsys that takes
advantage of all the extras in real time... makes quite a speed
difference!), I doubt Hitachi made any changes.

Get programming info from Motorola web sites.