Nissan 300 ZX

Frank Swygert FARNA at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 9 01:15:27 GMT 1997

Orin Eman wrote:

> > The 63xxx processors are Hitachi manufactured clones of Motorola 68xxx
> > parts.

<SNIP>

> I have an Excel spreadsheet for the opcodes of the 6303.  I was under the
> impression that it isn't the same as the 6803 and has some extra instructions
> too.
>
> Orin.

Okay, I know for sure about the 6809. It is possible that Hitachi got
permission to add the extra instructions and registers to the 6303, or
it could be the same as the 6309... "undocumented but there", and
UNSUPPORTED by Motorola or Hitachi... officially. Where did you get the
opcodes? If you got them from an official source (Moto or Hitachi), then
there was obviously some agreement between the companies. All I can say
is that the 63xx series is supposed to be 100% compatible with the 68xx
series. The 6309, for instance, has a "compatible mode", which is active
when the processor is first powered up, and a "native" mode, which must
be selected through a special instruction. I'm a hardware man, not a
programmer, but I can find the info if someone needs it.