Fuel Pre-pump/transfer pump (BMW)

Richard Cartledge fac51 at innotts.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 08:01:33 GMT 1997

Hello, I have a 1986 BMW 525i, this car has the BOSCH L-Jetronic with a
fuel transfer pump in the gastank which provides the suction/pickup for
the main pressure pump which is beside the fuel tank.

The transfer pump is dead, and a new BMW pickup assembly costs =A3250, I
know that a Chevvy Vega's AC Delco pump will fit may pickup assembly and
only costs $30, but we don't have Chevrolets in the UK, if anyone knows
of a similar transfer pump from a Jap/Euro car, I'd be very grateful if
you could let me know.

The Pump is a cylinder shape, abot 4 inches long and 1 3/4 inch dia.

Thanks for any info.

Richard