bhp, spark plug crap

FreshMar at aol.com FreshMar at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 03:34:45 GMT 1997

>I agree.  I mean, if the mixture is lit off, isn't that the end of it?
>Now I can understand the special case of the mixture "going out", but
>that should be more a function of the ignition box rather then the
>plug itself.  If it's lit, it's lit.  What's wrong with that theory?
>Kurt

Well, if the spark does not have enough energy, if the gap is wrong,
(everyone who has worked with point- and condenser ignition knows well)
the car will not run right. Nowadays elec ingition sends the maximum it
can to the plug(right..?). Therefore, a 'light' is not all it needs. It
must need more to keep it burning. If the shape of the initial flame
kernal was important, you would see effects of the spark plug upper
electrode, like a shadow or carbon tracks on the cylender, and you'd get
crazy people making sure to line all of their spark plug electrodes
pointing the same way.

Mario T.
mailto:Freshmar at aol.com-----'76 VW Camper FI A/T,,'79 Fiat X1/9