GM TB injector questions, HELP!

Greg Woods gwoods at symtx.com
Tue Jun 17 15:56:42 GMT 1997

Well I finished my carb to TBI conversion on my 86 chevy 2.8l last night.
Double checked everything and turned the key hoping to hear the engine
spring to life.  But alas, it was not to be... so now I have questions!

I put a DMM (I have a cheesy little Radio shack analog meter) on the
injector leads, cranked the starter and the meter seemed to move to about 2 Volts.
I know that the injectors are pulse width modulated, and at start up I expected
the reading to be closer to 12V.  Their is a high pulse width at start
up right?  the DMM should integrate the signal and show around 12V, right???

The throttle body (w/ injectors) was purchased from a junkyard.  I
hosed the thing off good with carb cleaner and put a rebuild kit in.  New
seals and filter screens around the injectors.  Could the injector solenoid
be stuck?  How common is it for these injectors to go bad??

I see no evidence of fuel being sprayed into the throttle body when
I crank the starter, I don't smell it or see a trace of it.  Is it
the injectors, or the computer...  HELP!!:)

TIA as usual

Greg Woods
gwoods at symtx.com
austin, tx