GM TB injector questions, HELP!

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 18 12:57:42 GMT 1997

>>I put a DMM (I have a cheesy little Radio shack analog meter) on the

        [ snip ]

>       .... . . . .. .                 . .. .       And NO,
>the volt meter does not integrate, it does an Average.

David, just for fun, I'm gonna argue with you on this one  ;-)

an analog meter does average (and I guess I missed it, I
thought he was trying to look at the injector duty cycle ....
and an analog meter / tachometer-type setup would be perfect
for this, IMHO, if only a simple xstor switch were put in
front of it).

every digital DMM I know of uses "dual-slope integration".
It actually does integrate (or else I've been lying to
my students for the last 19 years).

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>