plugs & hp increases

Thomas Wright tgw3448 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Thu Jun 19 16:52:23 GMT 1997

Andrew Rabbitt wrote:

> > if the platinums run hotter then, if the system were at it's
> > limit, it'd start to detonate or pre-ignite (can't get that
> > straight  8^)  ....

supposedly, bosch platinum plugs have a more broad heat range than most
other plugs.  For example, the platinums in my car (I can't remember the
part #) were a replacement for Champion NY 10 through NY 12.  I wouldn't
think that there would be a heat range problem with platinums.

> If you get pre-ignition, it doesn't matter what spark-plug you have,
> 'cos it's not doing much for you! :)

a plug that is in too high high of a heat range will *cause*
preignition.