Recommend a good `scope for viewing injector pulses??

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 21:27:23 GMT 1997

In message <VA.00000345.0f45cfe4 at maximum-bhp.u-net.com>, Chris Wilson
<chris at maximum-bhp.u-net.com> writes
>Can someone recommend a good cheap,worldwide brand (we are in the UK)
>scope for viewing EFI injector pulse width?
>
>I just need something with reasonable resolution,that is cheap to buy and
>easy to use.
>
>Has anyone any experiences with these cards for computers that allow one
>to use them as a scope,together with grabbing the screen picture and / or
>storing the information?
>
>Thanks for any help.

Hi Chris,
I use the Pico Technology ADC100 converter and s/w and find it very
useful.  I only have the DOS s/w which has a really clunky user i/f but
the scope (and FFT spectrum analyser) functions work very well.
The A/D has two independent channels of 12 bit resolution and on my
66MHz 486 samples at up to 110,000 samples/sec.

The sample rate is easily enough for injection pulses which are likely
to be in the range of 1msec to 10msec.

The unit plugs into the parallel port on the pc. WARNING.  It works
perfectly on both of my own machines but it won't work on the parallel
port of my DELL Pentium 166 at work.  (It's a parallel port
configuration problem)

Pico technology have a website but I don't know the URL, it should be
easy to find it.

BTW, your email address keeps changing.  Are you no longer 'Gatesgarth
racing....'?  (Or perhaps you are another Chris Wilson, not the Alpine
enthusiast one!)

Bye,

--
Chris Morriss