Fuel injector cleaner

Tuck sldbrass at infi.net
Fri Jun 20 03:13:51 GMT 1997

At 19:14 6/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone have a recipe for home made fuel injector cleaner?
>
>Also, what do the commercial brands have in them? My guess is that
>they're mainly alcohol and kerosene???

I talked to some guys at Bosch once about this at an engineering thing
(they had a display with injectors disassembled etc.) and they basically
told me that any of the cleaning products you added to a tank were pretty
much useless.  They told me that anything that gets through the injector
gets through it so fast that it would be unlikely to remove any deposits on
the far side, and that the screens on the fuel rail side were tight enough
that nothing that could get through them could stick the injector open.

Justin "Tuck" Cordesman
SOLID BRASS-> The Price of Sin is Eternal Damnation.

Paid In Full.