Diacom weirdness & questions

Terry Hartman txhartma at spdmail.spd.dsccc.com
Fri Jun 20 13:20:58 GMT 1997

Hello all, I have just purchased the Diacom s/w to use on
my '87 TPI Trans Am.  Here's the weird part.  I can "link"
to the ECM and read data only in the "diagnostic" mode and
without the funky adapter that is supposed to be required
for '86-'89 TPI cars....   The "ALDL" mode never connects
and "links" to the ECM...   And when I add the #91006 TPI
connector(the funky required connector) I don't get anything
in either mode....

So anyway, I call up Rinda Tech and tell them of my problems
and they say "oh yeah, we were just made aware of problems on
the '87 cars, we're working on a fix and we'll mail it to
you on a disk next week".   Now here it is 1997.  Shouldn't
they have KNOWN about this "problem" way before now???
Something just seems fishy to me....

Anyone have any suggestions?  I would appreciate it.

THANKS!

T.