DIY_EFI Digest V2 #216

Brock and Jennifer Fraser fraser at netten.net
Thu Jun 26 21:59:47 GMT 1997

>What's this motor going into? Does it have to meet current emissions?
>Barney Ward

It's going into a Porsche 911, being turbocharged, behind a G50 trans.
Emissions requirements are not a concern.

>I believe the infinity has a separate coil for each cylinder..
>Retaining that will prove a bit of a challenge.

No plans to retain ANYTHING on the Infiniti engine that's not the
"longblock", cause I don't have anything that's not metal.  (Block, heads,
manifolds, brackets)

>Assuming you are gonna keep the coils you have to use some
>glue logic and build up a system similiar to the 2.8,3.1,3.4
>coil pack and fire the coils in waste spark mode.

>Mind you where you used to work I would think you know much more
>than me..

Well, I was at Hypertech for 2 years and everybody pretty much works on
current-model-year stuff, just to keep up the new product development.  I
didn't touch anything earlier than a 94 model the whole time I was there...

Plus, the product is so confined to the computer and its ROM, that a
complete understanding of the other vehicle systems on the "test cars" is
purely incedental knowledge, unless driven to learn more for special
projects or applications (such as this one).

Any other info on how the ECM/Coil/HEI Module/distributor system works on
TPI-type setups?  (Signal inputs and outputs)

Also, any good sources in mind to get these GM TPI parts for a low price?

Brock