Strange parts (was Re: Brakes, again)

Ric Rainbolt ricrain at airmail.net
Fri Jun 27 05:13:35 GMT 1997

>                                  .....  Now I need to find a
>source for stainless braided line, hopefully a little longer than
>stock since I noticed when the truck is jacked up they are stretched
>pretty tight.  Is there a mail order company that makes them up
>custom?
>
>Also how do you get a roll of stainless 3/16 so you can flare your
>own with no couplers etc.?

I'd deal with Earl's Competition Plumbing.  Their hoses are probably the
best in the industry, comparable or even better in some ways than Aeroquip.
I'd be VERY cautious about fabricating my own brake lines, as any error in
design could be life threatening (not only to you but the poor sap you hit).
Earl's makes a variety of applications and even custom fabs lines to spec.
The brake lines are then pressure tested to some god-awful pressure (5000
PSI, I think).  Best thing is, in most applications, they "bolt-in" right
where the stock soft lines are.  A set of four runs 80-120 USD.

Earl's can be reached at 310-609-1602 and they have many
dealers/distributors around the country.  Summit Racing carries their stuff,
too.

Ric Rainbolt