LH 2.2 problem solved.

John Bertram bertram at teleport.com
Fri Jun 27 06:33:38 GMT 1997

Thought I'd follow up to my strange rich running black smoke on decell
problem.

I finally found it today while changing my oil.

The short intercooler hose from the IC to the metal tube that goes to the
intake manifold had a hole in it with a little flap door that would close
up when not under boost.  Since the hole was on the bottom of the hose and
was not visible, nor could I feel it when I felt the bottom of the hose, I
didn't detect it right away.  Today I took a closer look and found it.
Since it was late in the day, I wasn't able to get a replacement, I wrapped
it in duct tape many times and now everything is working good... I even
have about 2 more PSI of boost.  Woohoo!

Thanks to everyone who had some input on this problem.

John Bertram, Technician
Garry Small Saab
(Turbobricks list Admin.)
Volvo Turbo APC project (www.teleport.com/~bertram/volvoapc)