TPI on a 6cyl

Corey L. Cole corey.l.cole at boeing.com
Mon Jun 30 18:42:44 GMT 1997

> Thomas Wright wrote:
> >
> > Is there a common MAF system (i.e. not
> > Buick GN) for a 6cyl that can handle 200 - 300 HP range?  Late eighties
> > Chevy IROCs are easy to come by for salvaging parts, therefore I would
> > prefer to adapt one of these V8 systems.
> > I have many more specific questions, but I'll just leave it to these
> > basic ones, first.
> > Thanks
> > Tom Wright

Why not the Buick GN?  It's not really a special ECM.  All GM did was give
the put a "turbo" calpack into the 6 cyl ECM.  Them there ECMs are a dime
a dozen, and with all the GN tweakers, it's pretty well understood what works
best.

Corey L. Cole                     | I was standing on the side of the road,
 M/S 19-HH                        |   rain falling on my shoe.
 E-mail: corey.l.cole at boeing.com  | I was heading for the east coast,
 Phone: 206-662-3596              |   Lord knows I've paid some dues.