Chrysler 2.5L turbo questions...

Corey Stup cstup at pobox.com
Mon Jun 30 19:56:17 GMT 1997

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I'm attemping to research some problems
on a '89 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo with the 2.5L-4 turbo motor.  Does anyone
have any experience with this setup?   Specifically, I'm in need of
information such as weather this EFI system has a scanner connection,
and normal problems with this motor.   Currently, it seems that the
turbo is toast, and its seals have finally failed to the point of
letting oil into the exhaust system.   The car hasn't run correctly for
the last 2 or 3 years, getting VERY poor gas mileage, stalling
unexpectantly, running VERY rough, etc.   There was a point where the
turbo would go into overboost (the factory gauge [how accurate, I don't
know] would peg way past the 15psi mark), stalling the motor for a few
seconds.  This was "repaired" by someone seamingly making the wastegate
open really soon.   The car is at 130K with out much history of
repairs.  The motor case has never been cracked, nor has the head been
off.

Any information that anyone can give will be much appricated, and VERY
helpful.   Please keep traffic off the list, and email me directly at
cstup at pobox.com.

TIA!