Denso ECU potting

Chris Denzler cdenzler at pacific.telebyte.com
Tue Mar 4 19:48:39 GMT 1997

Thanks to all that responded to my query about the potting material
in the Denso ECU.

Just to clarify a few things:  The potting is certainly softer than
epoxies I've seen.  It's harder than, but very similar feeling, to
black RTV.  The stuff in the RTV is most certainly clear glass, like
window glass fragments.  They aren't microspheres or sand, it's like
what would be left after wrapping  window glass in a towel and pulverizing
it with a hammer.  It cuts your fingers.

In any case, we have to wait to try anything else, at least until we can
get a replacement ECU.  Slow racing is still better than no racing at all.

                                        - Chris