Denso EFI potting=ack!

DJohn77284 at aol.com DJohn77284 at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 00:32:52 GMT 1997

Chris,

     This RTV type stuff must be typical of the Japanese. I had a look in the
ECU of an early GPZ11 once and that was plastered in a similar substance. I
could get most of it out by scraping but not all of it.

     The TL1000S sounds like it's going to be a good match for the Dukes from
what I've read so far. If it helps, from what I can gather the ECU has
seperate maps for each cylinder and two modes of operation. At low speed it
uses inlet manifold pressure and at higher speeds it uses throttle position.
It also has an airbox flapper valve that operates at low speed to reduce the
airbox intake area which in turn increases the air velocity.

Regards,

Dave Johnson          (DJohn77284 at aol.com)