injectors and rails

Scot O. Stockton scot at emu.sp.trw.com
Fri Mar 7 21:41:20 GMT 1997

~I've seen one setup that drilled a hole through the manifold and ran a
~bolt up through the hole into the bottom of the fuel rail (which had been
~threaded to accept the bolt)  This looked nice but you'd have to remove
~the manifold just to service the injectors.  Sort of a bad design bbut if
~people tell me I'll rarely need to service the injectors then I'll
~consider this option.

I happen to have a tunnel ram so that I could bring struts out horizontally
from the plenum to support the rails.  How 'bout:

- Drill and tap holes to accept studs in the manifold and rail bottoms
- Bottom studs RH thread, top studs LH thread
- Connecting "nut" at apropropriate height tapped for LH & RH threads

~Thanks in advance
~jw

L8r,
-S