Converting to EFI from Carb - help

john spears speartec at iquest.net
Fri Mar 7 23:06:41 GMT 1997

  Steve,
Yes, I beleive the 3.1 EPROM is directly interchangeable in that ECM. I
would probably be inclined to try the 2.8 EPROM first, just to see where you
stand.

 You definitely will need the EST distributor to make it work properly. This
is where the ECM gets its RPM information in the form of reference pulses,
and since the ECM is in full control of the spark curves, this is how this
information is exchanged, also.

                      John Spears
    Speartech Fuel Injection Systems