Vtec of 4AGE Conversion

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 22:01:11 GMT 1997

<< Due to the massive number of replies I now know how to ID a 4AGE but still
have no idea on how to ID the Vtec. From what I have heard The motor's all
look the same and come from the same era but can yield very significant power
difference's. What I presume is the only way to ID the motor's is by serial
numbers. The difference is big going from a high revving lemon to the
equivalence of a peaky turbo with a real kick in the back. Any tip's or
idea's would be great and even lead's to look up.

The only 1600 VTEC motor is the B16A. It's the power VTEC model with the
DOHC. All other 1600 were SOHC...there were two different 1600 SOHC
VTEC...but they were all using the fuel efficient type of VTEC configuration.
So basically, if you find the B16A...you know you have the right engine, as
it's the only DOHC 1600 Honda.