Rotary conversion (was: Vtec of 4AGE Conversion)

Bruce Crawford crawford at planet.earthcom.net
Wed Mar 12 23:53:40 GMT 1997

Garry wrote:

>Another option might be a 13B or 20B rotary engine. The 20B especially
>can really grunt ant a liberal sprinkling of engine management
>technology would *easily* give you 200 hp. I believe that that 20B rotor
>housings are effectively 13B ones with an extra friend...A triple rotor
>motor would really grunt, and the EFI should tame it's fuel appetite...

A streetported and injected 13B will net 200 HP or better. There are many
incarnations of them, from the early four ports to the late 6 port variable
port timing ones. Some are better than others. As the EFI adds some mileage
to the engine, the porting quickly takes that away.

The 20B are the Cosmo engines, and all were twin turboed. Pete Farrell has
modified one of these beasts and installed it into a customer's 3rd gen RX7
with a Electromotive EFI and got something over 500 HP.

Regards,

Bruce and Martha Crawford...........crawford at planet.earthcom.net
'83 SRX7                                                    read about 'em at
'83 GSL w/EFI 13B                    http://www.earthcom.net/~crawford