Automotive HID Lighting...

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 20:24:21 GMT 1997

>  snagged twice for having 150W halogen lights (two actually) mounted behind
>   the grill of my lincoln.

>  Oh geesh! What are you doing with 150W (!!!!!) bulbs behind the grille?

Seeing where I'm going... I do a lot of late night (11pm+) highway driving,
as well as cruising on mountain roads.  Lights this bright are fantastic...

I have them mounted behind the grille for two reasons... higher is better for
long distance lights and second, the grille, which is fairly deep, acts as
vanes so I don't blind oncoming traffic as much, just the people in front of
me not going the speed limit :)  I have a three position rocker switch
allowing me to turn them off (center) on with the low beams (down) and on
with the high beams (high).

Where I get snagged is when I leave it switched into the low beam position,
and start driving the next morning where its dark enough for the Lincoln to
turn the lights on, but not dark enough for me to see them on the road.

Frederic Breitwieser
http://members.aol.com/fjb203/index.htm