Omega thermocouples

ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV ptimmerm at mashtun.JPL.NASA.GOV
Fri Mar 14 16:17:59 GMT 1997

I have worked on the temperature measurment thing
in my car and cam up with a system that was intended
to measure the intercooler, water, oil, turbo houseing,
and ETG.  I got it all working except for the ETG.

I used a single channel Omega temperature controller,
a high quality rotary switch, and six K type thermocouples.
I rigged the ETG sensor for high temp with ceramic beads
and high temperature "silver" woven sleaving.  then I tried
to feed it down the sniffer tube, which enters the airstream
just past the turbo.  I never got it fed all the way down, as
their is a bend down near the bottom.

Air you saying that if I had it would have burnt up?
I used somehting like 24 guage TC wires, stripped and then
reworked for high temp with the ceramics...

Oh yeah, I had to hack into the power stage of the controller and
rig in a +12v/-12v rail generator to bypass it's hunger for AC.

paul timmerman
82 audi quattro