MAF -v- MAP

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Fri Mar 14 19:28:09 GMT 1997

-> Too true.  Even if you have the characteristic curve for your MAF,
-> you're still likely to need a correction table for it.  MAP does make
-> a LOT of sense.

 It's looking like speed/density will be the way to go, at least for the
first go-round.

 The target engine is a small block Ford, and I'm using the Ford
throttle body, which has a TPS and IAC.  Though I'm more familiar with
GM stuff, the Ford frequency-out MAP sensor looks very interesting.  Any
thoughts about whether there'd be an advantage to the Ford or GM MAP
sensors, other than the electronics required to read them?

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==