Automotive HID Lighting...

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 08:39:45 GMT 1997

>  Actually...I have one of those commercially available inverters (hmmm..did
>  confuse it with a converter?) that should be able to handle running some

Yes, but I knew what you meant.  Generally the word "Inverter" is used when
switching power supply components are utilized.

>  As far as retrofitting the housing, I'm also assuming that that shouldn't
be
>  THAT hard...I hope...  I just want those HID lights!  :)

I have two pairs of high-wattage ion lights from two different Lexus
vehicles, that if I rehoused them, would make fabulous headlights.  My
favorite type of headlight is the european yellow.  Our government doesn't
allow yellow headlights, however an interesting fact is that the yellow only
blinds you when it goes by, and once it passes, human eyes readjust to the
dark about 30% faster than if white headlights go by.  Go figure.

Fred
Notice:

This message was found in a dead-letter box and appears to be for you.
If you have already gotten a copy of this message, we beg your tolerance.

The Unix Systems Group