'3' cyl. engine

Rucastle rucastle at silk.net
Sun Mar 16 19:35:38 GMT 1997

Greetings,
 As I said in my intro post, I'm new to EFI.  I have a project in mind but
fear it is doomed before I can turn a wrench or solder a wire.  The engine
I would like to FI is a 1974 Triumph (bike) 750cc.  The trouble, I fear, is
the low output of the charging system.  The highest output alt for this
engine is only 180 Watts. If I figure 70w for lighting it only leaves me
with 110w for ignition and injection. According to Hartmans book I'm out of
luck. Is this still true?

At this time 2 electronic ignitions are aval for this engine but nether
offer adjustable advance.  The DIY distributor-less ignition system artical
on the DIY_EFI home page requires 2 cyls to fire at once, one on
compression, one on exhaust. Does anybody know if this system can be
adapted to a '3' cyl engine?

Thanks,
Hylton