Bosch FI book

Seth Allen n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Tue Mar 18 03:47:34 GMT 1997

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 gofast at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:37:45 -0600 (CST)
> From: gofast at ix.netcom.com
> To: seniorsix at acpub.duke.edu, DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu,
>     bmw-digest at mailgate.wizvax.net, b_c_g96 at mail.airmail.net
> Subject: Bosch FI book
>
> Has anyone read or have a copy of:
>
> How to Tune & Modify Bosch Fuel Injection by B. Watson 176 pages. Its
> available through a variety of mail order sources, for about $20.
>
> Any recommendation or thoughts about it? Is it worth getting, and does it have
> any useful info about getting more out of an l-jet system.
>
> Are there any other sources with technical info about the Bosch L-jet
> computers? What's the Bosch Automotive handbook or the l-jet pamplet all
> about?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Samir Shah
> Stamford, CT
> gofast at ix.netcom.com

I have read it,  and used it to diagnose a 1975 L-Jet in a Porsche 914 It
is worth the $20.  But I think that any quasi technical book is worth
money.  The chapter on modification is brief, but the discussion of
applications and basic theory is solid.  I would buy it again, if I lost
it.  P.S. the problem with the L-jet was false air.  A vacuum hose kit
made the car ten times more driveable than before.  I guess 22 yrs is a
bit hard on cloth and rubber hoses.
Amazing ly, the ECU and rubber fuel hoses are still intact, not to
mentoin the injectors and pump.

I am impressed with the quality and reliability of genuine Bosch parts.
Just my opinion, not an invitation to get flamed.

My $0.02

Seth Allen