Nascar 9:1?

Heath Parker heathp.usouthal at campus.mci.net
Tue Mar 18 08:19:23 GMT 1997

Hi All,

	Busch Grand National series motors are limited to 9:1, Winston Cup cars
are unlimited compression and are usually (last I heard) around 14:1.
Remember, this is racing, so if you go to another track, you can build
another motor . . . and say lower the CR and change the mixture . . . and I
still don't know why they aren't running FI (smooch smooch ;).  I mean,
this is racing . . . if the racers took off with this technology, then I
think production cars' cost would drop about $1000 and FI system components
would get cheaper . . . one main reason they haven't is the fear of
ignition noise, etc. screwing with more senstive components.

	This raises one of my questions, how prevalent is this problem, has
anybody in the group run into it, and is it only a Digital system problem,
or are analog systems also bothered by noise, EMI, RFI or whatever?

> From: Michael D. Porter <mdporter at Rt66.com>
	<snip>