turbo / seper charger

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 21 19:31:12 GMT 1997

I asked a dumb question.  Mazda patiently and knowledgeably
answered it, as he, and so many others on this list, always
does (thanks, Mazda).

Then someone wrote to encourage me to join the turbo club.
Pitched your post.  Who was it?

Last year, I researched putting turbo on my 351W.  Looked
up all mfgrs I could find and wrote or called all of them.
No one made a setup for it.

As far as SC or TC goes, can it easily enough be done without
confuser control?  I've got the Holley ProJection TBI and
intend to eventually go to TPI, but I'm not using an ECU.
Can SC or TC be done with carb or the ProJection TBI ??

When I run my "Engine Analyzer" software and plug in turbo
or super charging, both definitely kick the hp and torque
up, but the SC is smoother and earlier.  It also produces
larger numbers of both torque and hp.  TC produces a 'squiggley'
graph, whereas SC produces a smoother, though peaky, graph.
Judging from the graphs, I wouldn't want TC on my truck
(4WD Bronco) app, as it actually hurts low-end torque a
little (below 2000).

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>