Battery Cut Off

Don Perlick dperlick at mail.oeonline.com
Tue Mar 25 17:23:49 GMT 1997

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Doug Robson wrote:

> under our country's racing authority the battery isolation switch has to
> also shut the engine off. Currently most alternators go low on the load
> side and produce balisitic voltage in the abscence of the battery
> risking computers etc, and the car chugs on quite happily.
	I don't know if any of the Aussie recing supply houses have such
items in stock, but most of the US race supply places have cut-off
switches for cars w/ alternators.  From the 1996 Racer Wholesale catalog,
(p64):  "Batt. Cutoff Switches...Cuts off batt*Portects diodes against
burn-out*Disconnects Ign...complies w/ FIA regulations Appendix J.
Design includes simultaneous switching of 3 circuits w/ one key.
...waterproff cap, protective resistor and installation instructions,
$39.95"  Their normal number is 770-998-7777.  Much easier than trying to
figure out how to rig one up!

Regards,
Don Perlick
http://oeonline.com/~dperlick