turbo/supercharging

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Tue Mar 25 18:54:34 GMT 1997

dzorde wrote:

> Ehh, year they look cool OK, but how would you go about fitting a super
> charger to a chev tpi where the intake is at the front of the engine.  Do
> you run pipework around and to the front of the engine ?
>
> Also, do you have to run low compression on these as well ?

I was hoping someone would ask this... hold on to your hat!

Forget the regular tpi stuff. Use an old Hilborn 3 hole blower injector
minus all of the fuel plumbing as your air door. Then plumb the efi
injectors right at the port beneath the blower ala regular fuel rail and
the rest. This runs the blower in a dry, air only mode. Yes, it will get
hot, but they were originally designed to run air only. You have to make
the rotor clearances a little more than if you were running fuel through
it. Also, the odds of a blower explosion are greatly reduced. When it
get's up to temp, the clearances will be correct. Gives you the old
gasser look with state of the art EFI.

-j-