351W - 4WD Bronco app (SC/TC)

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:36:25 GMT 1997

RE: my query about SC or TC for Ford 351W.  One of you sent me
the number of "CarTech" (210-308-8464).  I called, sent e-mail,
and below is the latest in our exchange.  Thought some would
be interested.

>Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:39:28 -0500 (EST)
>From: Corkybell3 at aol.com
>To: cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
>Subject: Re: 351W - 4WD Bronco app
>
>Hi Tom,
>Our business builds things. SC's and TC's included.
>
>A complete custom install is entirely possible. Labor rate is $50/hr + parts.
>Parts typically come in about 2/2.5k.
>
>I would not recommend the ProJection.
>
>A turbo manifold is required with a turbocharger.
>
>We can sell the generic parts as we both see the need and suitability. If we
>are involved, I can act as coach, and instructions to cover a complete custom
>job will soon be available.
>
>One turbo would be entirely adequate for your truck.
>
>There are no trade secrets. There may be some "trade judgements", and I'll
>share mine with anyone.
>
>Regards,
>
>Corky Bell

This goes in the "information" file for me, as I still have
the engine install to do.  I do need to find out why he does
not recommend the ProJection, and what he does recommend
for fuel control.  Also, what am I going to have to do
as far as ignition control?

What would an estimated turnkey install cost?  When I get it
running, I'll drive to San Antonio and he can look at it.

How can one turbo work?  Wouldn't that put an unequal
backpressure load on one side of the engine?  Does that
mean I would have to go back to single exhaust?

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>