Use of copper tubing?

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 07:35:28 GMT 1997

> Does anyone have a reason that I shouldn't use copper plumbing on
>  the suction side of the fuel pumps? Pressure never exceeds 1.5 psi

Copper is generally not a high-strength material, and somewhat expensive
(which is why houses generally are made with plastic pipes these days.  Same
with brass.  Both are softer metals, thus not suitable for brake lines.

For your fuel lines, I'd stick with stainless.  However, there are MANY 90
degree fittings available from a local plumbing store that might be suited to
your needs.  Also, aircraft part distributers would have them as well, with a
higher selection of product.

Fred