Turbo Talk... & HKS Controllers

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 19:59:51 GMT 1997

<< /// One last time... the SAAB 900t has a analog control box the reads
     the knock sensor and if the knock is over a preset level that you
     can change inside the control box then the unit opens the air boost
     control valve and then the turbo waste gate can slow the turbine down.
     If you have good gas and the engine see's no knock then it will alow
     the wast gate to stay closed untill you have knock..... >>

Ok...then I guess the APS (or was it APC) system controls both the pop off
valve and the wastegate...the fact that it's using engine knock as a
reference is pretty cool...but is the reaction time fast enough though? I
mean, I always thought that once your engine starts to produce any
knocking...the damage has already been done