Battery Cut Off

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Fri Mar 28 02:43:26 GMT 1997

I had the same problem.  You can actually buy battery cut off switches that
has the provision for cutting the alternator feed to the battery as well.  I
guess it has a seperate small switch inside for this.  The other solution is
to make sure that all power for any electricals is taken from the
non-battery side of your switch, and feed your alternator charge lead
directly to the battery.  That way when you kill the switch, all power is
cut, and even if the alternator is still charging the battery it will be
isolated from the car electronics.

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com