2 stroke Water injection

Stephen Dubovsky dubovsky at vt.edu
Thu May 1 03:19:37 GMT 1997

At 06:54 PM 4/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
>The problem with washer pumps, unless they are mounted at the same height
>as the injectors, their output is increadibly low.  Can't refute or confirm
>the 5psi figure you quoted, however from the time it takes me to push the
>washer button, to the time the clear poison sprays on the windshield, is
>about 4-5 seconds.  That wouldn't work in a water injection application.

... big snip ...

  Just a thought, but there are electrically controlled hydraulic valves
good to 3000+ psi.  Many of them are made out of stainless I believe so
they should stand up to water.  If the pumps are of similar construction,
you might be able to purchase one and get a small motor to run it up to the
desired pressure (or use a pressurized tank).  If you get the pressure high
enough, you might be able to machine an aluminum nozzle that gives a good
'spray' due to the pressure involved (sort of like a windshield sprayer).
I THINK the K-jetronic mechanical fuel injectors have moving parts
(probably steel) and wouldn't like water.  Anyway,  Pumps and valves run
around ~50 each.  Go check out the hydraforce web page as they make lots of
cool electronically controlled hydraulic stuff.  Check out what the valves
are made of though or obviously they will rust.  If this helps helps any
(or sparks any other creative thoughts) I'd be interested in hearing them.
  Another thought:  Is Nitrous an oxidant?  You might be able to use an NOS
fogger as the nozzle and the the NO2 solenoid if they are made of
stainless/aluminum.  NO2 is at a relatively high pressure (700-1100psi?) so
I doubt the fogger has moving parts (could easilly be wrong here though).
SMD