Accelerometers

Heath Parker heathp.usouthal at campus.mci.net
Thu May 1 06:33:59 GMT 1997

	Not to beat a horse to death, but to correct for inclines/declines, why
not mount another one in the vertical plane (up/down)? It would be
necessary to either filter it or find one with a slow reaction time; then
use some simple physics to account for the grade, which will be reflected
in a less than 1 g reading.  I also imagine that having the accelerometer
mounted to the auto's windshield might be an issue-- I don't know of any
cars w/o weight transfer to the rear wheels and the  corresponding change
in angle of the vehicle to the level surface.

				Just a few random thoughts . . .

				Heath Parker
				heathp at usouthal.campus.mci.net