G-Tech meter

Alain Marchildon marchildon at mail.colba.net
Thu May 1 12:42:16 GMT 1997

Hi I have a G-Tech pro.

I bought it to monitor performance changes made to my car.
When doing HP runs it is repeatable if used on the same stretch of road and
keeping the vehicle speed low such as doing the run in second gear, and
when doing lateral G's keep the same circle in you favorite parking lot.

The 0-60 runs are 0.5s low I think that the meter does not kick in fast
enough such as when the wheels spin on start up but it is consistent, on
braking it is accurate.

I have read a 112HP on my car with it and the next week I put the same car
on a Dynojet dynamometer and got a 111.9HP corrected on it so I think it is
close enough.

Now the inside of the meter is very simple.

The accelerometer is of unknown brand they removed the sticker, it is
controlled with a PIC 16C71 at 4Mhz then a NPN transistor array drive a 4
Digit led display. That is it.

// marchildon at usa.net                                            //
// Alain Marchildon                                              //