acceleration measure (was Re: G-Tech meter )

Don Perlick dperlick at mail.oeonline.com
Fri May 2 19:14:35 GMT 1997

	Since many of you seem to be barking up this same tree, you might
want to check out something just released by a guy named Mike Chaney of
the F-car mailing list.  Point yourselves to:

http://www.charm.net/~mchaney/homedyno/dynokit.htm

	You'd still need a level road, but maybe some of you will buy into
this concept and can then devote your time to the EFI332 project for those
of us on a whole 'nother (lower) plane!  :)

So, Mike, does this get me a free copy of the SW?  ;)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Dan wrote:

> Sounds interesting but you are still going to need an accelerometer or
> torque measurement from the drivetrain.  Otherwise, your product will
> only be accurate on level ground.  Around where I live, it is pretty
> hard to find level roads where you can test the car.
>
> Dan
>
> Arnaldo Echevarria wrote:
> >
> > At 08:53 AM 5/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
> > >However, my idea was to take a signal from the tach or the
> > >speedo and differentiate it (feed it through a cap).  The
> > >resultant signal would be accel/decel and wouldn't care
> > >which direction you were pointed.  One difference with the
> > >'real' acceleration devices is that wheel spin would register
> > >as _severe_ acceleration when none was occuring.
> >
> > I'm working on a product that would attach a hall effect sensor
> > to the right front spindle of your vehicle and read the grooves
> > in the rotor.  Interpreting that information would give you
> > VERY accurate 1/4 times / acceleration times / hp.
> >
> > The only time it would be innacurate would be if the front right
> > tire came off the ground.  But if you're producing that much
> > hp you don't need to be testing your car on the street.....
> >
> > Anyone interested?
> >
> > Arnaldo
> > aec at netten.net

Regards,